Crew Spotlight- The Buckley School, Sherman Oaks, CA

clean+up+pic+1.jpg

Earth Guardians Crew, The Buckley School of Sherman Oaks, California is doing amazing work cleaning up beaches, as well as putting on a No Straws campaign with their Eco Club! Every year their Eco Club puts on a beach clean up and this year was planned for the Saturday before Earth Day. Their main objectives with their No Straws campaign is to raise awareness of the harmful effect straws have on our environment, as well as take action and convince people to use eco straws or stop using straws altogether. This Crew plans to take action by going to restaurants and talking to the managers to convince them to stop using straws. The details on this are still being worked out so they are mainly focusing on raising awareness about the issue while their action plan is still being worked out.

Subscribe * indicates required Email Address * First Name Last Name Birthday / ( mm / dd )

Related Articles

Humanity’s Plastic Addiction: Saving Our Ocean

Plastic is having a devastating effect on our oceans, our wildlife and ultimately on us as a human species.The introduction of plastic in the 20th century has led us to become increasingly reliant on its use and now a large percentage of almost everything we buy contains plastic. However, while we are happy to use it we are less adept at recycling it and the sad fact is that less than 10% of the plastic we produce gets recycled.

The Kings Of Democracy

As a little girl when people said democracy, I thought it meant we don’t have a king, or one person in charge of everything. The common people have more of a say in decisions, and we vote every four years to elect the leader that we want. I thought it was all fair and equal. Then I grew up.